Three dead computers in 12 hours

Ecke74 17:02 03 Sep 2018

Me and my wife's computers both stopped working at the same time. No post start up beeps. No access to bios nothing. All that works when I power them up is all the fans. Tried multiple fixes all of which have failed. Got my spare pc from the loft and after a few hours use that went the same way. Now I am smart enough to know that this can't be a hardware issue with all 3 computers with 12 hours. Anyone know what it might be cause I am at a loss. All 3 computers were plugged into the same router. Is it infected somehow.

Thanks

MJS WARLORD 18:00 03 Sep 2018

turn off mains , look in back of mains socket and get a electrical safety plug that has a set of lights on it to tell you if the wiring is faulty , also invest in a surge protector unit.

Forum Editor 18:08 03 Sep 2018

"Now I am smart enough to know that this can't be a hardware issue with all 3 computers with 12 hours."

It can, if there's an electrical fault on the mains supply.

Ecke74 05:48 04 Sep 2018

Pc's are run from two different sockets and both were plugged into surge protectors. Laptop has been running off one of the sockets for 3 days and no problems.

wee eddie 08:46 04 Sep 2018

I would suggest a faulty Earth Connection

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 04 Sep 2018

tell us what fixes you have tried

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)