THICK WALLS BT HOME HUB 5 EXTENSION PROBLEMS

Angastura 21:54 17 Nov 2017

I have a BT Home Hub 5 and am not linked to Infinity. Our internet connection is poor, less than 7mbs. I live in a very old house with very thick stone walls and there is one room that I need to get a fairly decent wifi reception to watch a smart TV and and use a PC without wifi interruptions. I have tried the BT wifi extenders and other devices under £50 but these have proved to be flakey. Can anybody advise? Many thanks!

wee eddie 22:46 17 Nov 2017

Home Hub. Look for ones that allow a 'pass through' power supply and you can buy units that create a WiFi point

MJS WARLORD 23:19 17 Nov 2017

I do bt wi fi ...put your2nd pc ( wi fi ) as close as you can to your main set up , once everything works , move your wi fi (2nd pc ) to the room you want it to work in.

wee eddie 23:48 17 Nov 2017

I meant, of course, Home Plug

simonjary 09:48 18 Nov 2017

Powerline adapters sound like your best option. Here's our Powerline recommendations.

You can get them with an added Wi-Fi hotspot if you want better wireless too.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?