..there a System/Restore type facility for win 98?

  AnthonyB 03:23 08 Mar 2005

Is there a "System/Restore" type facility for windows 98SE? - like the one used with windows XP? - because I am on this operating systyem till I get my new one, and everything is set just fine, and would like to "set a restore point" - but being windows 98 SE...is there another way?



  Zaphod Beeblebrox 03:37 08 Mar 2005

i have not used this personnaly but have seen it mentioned on the forums quite a lot click here

  AnthonyB 03:57 08 Mar 2005

cheers, will go look,


  Dan the Confused 04:03 08 Mar 2005

I haven't used GoBack either, but it's pretty good from what I gather. More advice on backups click here

Win98 does allow you to use 'scanreg /restore' to use a previous registry if you start having problems with your current one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)