Is there such a cable as Scart to Svideo?

  rickf 17:15 24 Sep 2004

Is there? The reason being I don't have a Svideo socket on my video player, only scart and I want to transfer some movies to PC to convert and burn as DVDs.

  SANTOS7 17:33 24 Sep 2004

click here hope this is what your looking for

  hssutton 17:34 24 Sep 2004

Or here click here

  SANTOS7 17:35 24 Sep 2004

click here more here

  rickf 21:42 24 Sep 2004

Thanks guys. Just wanted to know iy exists. Now I know it does.

  Audeal 22:29 24 Sep 2004

Assuming you are saying that you have a S-video socket on your play equipment and not on your VCR then probably the cheapest way it to purchase a scart adapter. You plug this into the scart socket and then plug your S-Video lead onto the S-Video socket on the adapter. You will, of course, need two audio leads for the sound. You can get these at Maplin or any other electrical store.

  €dstowe 06:51 25 Sep 2004

Ensure that the S-video facility is available in the SCART setup (both output from the VCR and the wiring of the plug).

Just because SCART may carry S-video, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is available from the source you are using. The tendency is that cheaper models of VCR do not have S-video enabled.

It should be possible to use compsite video (usually via a yellow RCA plug)

  BT 09:06 25 Sep 2004

Try here click here. they have just about every cable known to man and will make Custom leads as well

  rickf 09:24 25 Sep 2004

Thanks again people. I am now clearer as to what my options are. I do have RCA sockets at the back of the VCR, one white, one red therefore no video I guess as these are for audio only. Yes, it is a cheap VCR I bought from Currys years ago.I think that I am going to need the suggestion posted by Audeal so that I can transfer video as well as audio. I wonder if its not cheaper to buy another more up tp date VCR and cut through all the hassle.

  €dstowe 10:10 25 Sep 2004

All SCART connectors have a composite (yellow RCA) facility. You should be able to get a cable with SCART one end and RCA plugs the other OR a converter SCART with the three RCA plugs attached to the body of the SCART plug.

It is very unlikely that you will have S-video as this is invariably a sales plus and it would have its own mini-DIN conector.

  €dstowe 10:11 25 Sep 2004

Sorry above should read:

a converter SCART with the three RCA sockets attached to the body of the SCART plug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?