There are many kind people

rawprawn 17:45 12 Oct 2004

I have found this forum second to none, the members who subscribe here are not only first class at solving problems, but go further, and in many cases have supplied needed bits of computer to wanting members free of charge in an attempt to solve problems. I applaud those who assist above the line of duty as it were,and thank all those who do.

CurlyWhirly 17:58 12 Oct 2004

Too true !!!

Carafaraday 18:34 12 Oct 2004

Me too.

There's always someone who will answer a basic question without making you feel a total idiot for asking it in the first place.

rawprawn 20:30 12 Oct 2004

I posted this because twice recently I have been the recipient of such kindness. Whether it be a spare bit of computer that is no longer needed or perhaps an old PCA disc with a much needed program on it,these things require a positive action to parcel up, and post in an attempt to resolve another members problems. Again many thanks to all concerned

CurlyWhirly 22:14 12 Oct 2004

Gosh over 4000 log on's, you must have been here right from the start!

CurlyWhirly 17:23 13 Oct 2004

Used to be on dial up until quite recently, then upgraded to broadband.

I hope you are enjoying your upgrade to broadband as much as I am!

phil.smith 12:24 14 Oct 2004

I agree whole heartedly with all sentiments - I have had many people help me without once being made to feel "small"

Thanks to all - really appreciated

Phil

Brumas 20:48 19 Feb 2005

For me, at times using a computer is like tightrope walking - something one would never do without a safety net. This Forum is my safety net.

I never will be a computer 'expert' and I am quite content just to be able to use one moderately well ,quite content knowing that any problem large or small - self inflicted or otherwise will be solvable( is that a word ? )by this much appreciated and well-mannered Forum.

I expect it has been said before but it is just like putting on a well worn comfortable pair of slippers.

Drum 20:15 22 Feb 2005

Y'now.......I've said it before, but it's worth saying again..........

You FANTASTIC people out there, who give, free gratis, so much of your time, energy, and expertise, to those in PC limbo/hell, deserve nothing short of a sincere recognition in the form of some special award.

It makes me proud to be part of this community.

The next time I see Her Majesty, I'll have a word!

Drum 15:27 23 Feb 2005

I dunno about the "Arise Sir Drum", but how about it Forum Ed ?

A new years honours list, with statistics crunching some of the numbers of posts that the top stalwards from this board have helped on throughout the year?

Technotiger 15:51 23 Feb 2005

Hi, 'daddie' but only for a short while perhaps, - two of my friends who have recently gone onto bb are both aged 84, and will no doubt be coming here with their questions - (when they can't reach me direct :-)) I have told them all about this Forum.

ps - I don't know Meshuga -

I am only 70.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs