Is there an App to backup Edge's Favourites?

wee eddie 11:43 03 Feb 2017

Edge has just reset itself for the second time, clearing my all Favourites.

I have Googled, "Backup Edge's Favourites" and the answers that come up appear to be extremely convoluted and are certainly not able to be automated.

So, once again, I am laboriously recreating all the Favourites that I can remember, and ask, does anyone know of an App that will backup Edge's Favourites?

wee eddie 18:15 03 Feb 2017

Sorry I'm driving my Taxi now.

From memory, whatever Windows did when it ditched my Favourites, also cleared that Folder.

Well it's empty now. That's really why I'm looking for a Third Party App to do the job.

It seems to be a W10 glitch

wee eddie 19:05 03 Feb 2017

I was keeping a copy in Chrome but that appears to be corrupted. Luckily I have an 18 month old copy in IE but have lost those I added meantime

wee eddie 19:09 03 Feb 2017

I actually like Edge, as a Browser, for me it appears to be faster than Chrome. I haven't tried any other.

I keep Chrome handy as a quick portal to Google

wee eddie 19:14 03 Feb 2017

I was keeping a copy in Chrome but that appears to be corrupted. Luckily I have an 18 month old copy in IE but have lost those I added meantime

wee eddie 19:39 03 Feb 2017

It appears to happen when Windows changes the picture on the Password Entry Screen. That's the second time

wee eddie 13:07 04 Feb 2017

rdave: Thanks, that sounds just what I need. I'll be too busy to try it until Monday/Tuesday and if it appears to work, I'll tick the thread

wee eddie 12:08 11 Feb 2017

I'm still trying to understand how to use it. I'm not sure that it will be my solution

wee eddie 22:52 11 Feb 2017

Haven't really had much time on the Computer this last week. Heavy Curling schedule is to blame.

Trouble is - Someone says, Would you like a game and I say Yes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?