TFT your thoughts???

flaz1984 00:59 29 Dec 2004

Hi, was wondering if any one would be able to give me their thoughts on the following monitor, its a Philips PHP 170X5FB.

Its on sale at PC world for £249.99, i would post the link to the page but not sure how to?

Does anyone know where i can find reviews of this TFT or any other suggestions of better TFT's?

Thanks

Djohn 01:25 29 Dec 2004

I'll try and provide the link for you but PC World pages usually time out after a while and links don't often work with their site, but see if this one does. click here

Not had any experience of Philips monitors myself but it seems a nice monitor and at a good price. Have you been into the store and had a look at it as they always seem different when looked at on a web site or magazine as to being sat on the shelf.

Even if you buy from somewhere else its always a good Idea to actually see/touch a TFT monitor before buying. Remember you will be looking at it for quite some time to come.

flaz1984 10:19 29 Dec 2004

Yeah, i have been into the shop to see the monitor and the quality looked amazing ( a DVD was playing).

I also thought that the price was quite reasonable so think i may go ahead with the purchase, ill leave the thread open for a while to see if anyone else has any views??

jbaker65 10:44 29 Dec 2004

Aldi stores have TFT monitors at far better prices.

mikeyb59 11:28 29 Dec 2004

Speaking as someone who has a TFT monitor AND a TFT television I would say GO FOR IT!

Granted, they are more expensive, but the quality has to be seen to be believed.

bremner 11:34 29 Dec 2004

Why settle for second best - and save £30.00

click here

Look at the PCA review

click here

flaz1984 16:57 29 Dec 2004

Thanks for the help guys, just been down to PC World to buy the monitor, but they were out of stock!! Typical

Anyway, think i will get the Iiyama ProLite E413S as recommended by bremmer, seems like a quality monitor.

Thanks for the advice

JIM 17:05 29 Dec 2004

go through the lists and reviews.

click here

jagx400 17:24 29 Dec 2004

click here
Just got one of these for the lads xmas prezzie and was impressed so I bought 1 as well

accord 18:04 29 Dec 2004

Go for the iiyama as bremmer suggests. I nearly bought that model but went for the LG instead as I got 10% disc from Comet.

My next TFT will probably be an iiyama but 19"

Rayuk 18:24 29 Dec 2004

Have E431S myself one of my best pc purchases to date.
Although would have been even better if I had got at the current price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?