Tevion USB-T Tuner

Pamy 17:52 20 May 2007

Hello everyone, I have recently bought the above tuner. It works OK except that the software slows down my computer, so much so that I cannot use it satisfactorily(the computer) so have had to remove it.
Does anyone know of any other software that I can try that will tune in the TV chanells and let me watch DVB-T with this Tevion device?

howard64 20:03 20 May 2007

does your pc equal or better the minimum requirements of the tuner? You may need to install more memory?

Pamy 22:16 20 May 2007

No probs with computer, just want another program

[email protected] 07:39 22 May 2007

Hi pamy,
seems like a few others are having the same issue
click here
Im still awaiting a response from them regards,
"always on top" it also seems they operate on a different timescale to us.

A few things to check (if youve still got it
installed)
check the arcsoft pvr recordings that you havent inadvertantly recorded few gigs of programs
Also i noticed after installing total media 3 +the patch,my hard drive was quite heavily defragmented.
Have you had any previous pvr software installed,as there is a clean up tool before installing in case your getting a conflict with previous software&Finally there is also a firmware update for the device if that makes any difference for you.
I must admit i seem to have been fairly lucky compared to others on the that forum
67 channels,no slow down the only issue is "always on top"
Good luck

jack 08:18 22 May 2007

Your are not alone with the Tevion
I have a Freecom DVT dongle thingy.
Its aerial is stick to a north facing window by sucker and it can tune into all the digi channels
most of the time.
However I recently disabled it for me to do other work.
When I came to reinstall it and rescan the channels
all it could find were 5- some of which were not available [of the paid for -'Free' variety]
And repeated scanning still brings up only those five. where as previously I had them all
Nothing has changed in aeriel position or anything else.
Ho Hum

Pamy 08:30 22 May 2007

Thanks for link, Mine worked OK with just as many channels found but computer unusable (too slow)

Pamy 08:39 22 May 2007

No one repoting that computer has lowed down

[email protected] 08:41 22 May 2007

sorry pamy
"in terms of same issue" i meant finding alternative software

Pamy 08:44 22 May 2007

*THE RAVEN*, I will install it again and see what happens. No recordings or full H Drives etc. Have got the clean up tool also, but did not use it

baldtaco 10:26 22 May 2007

This is good kit if you can get it working with your card [not all cards are supported]. It's what I use in preference to bundled software. Although you will need your original driver - click here

Pamy 11:31 22 May 2007

Thanks baldtaco, looks a bit too complicated for me. Have downloaded Mytheater and will give that a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?