Temporary internet files

Sealer 20:53 03 Jul 2003

Can I safely delete my Temporary internet files\contentie5\***? I usually delete my files manualy but my folder never empties completely, it still holds loads of Mbs, I think it's "Content ie5\****"
Thank in anticipation

I Have win 98se + Explorer 6

VoG II 20:56 03 Jul 2003

Yes it's safe to do.

You could use CleanUp! click here which can get rid of junk that will not be moved by ordinary methods.

However, be sure to click on the Options button before starting or it could get rid of more than you bargained for!

Sealer 20:58 03 Jul 2003

You came to the rescue again, Nice one

PurplePenny 21:11 03 Jul 2003

"be sure to click on the Options button before starting or it could get rid of more than you bargained for!"

That's what I always worry about with clean-up sessions. There is always that horrible moment of doubt about what I'm getting rid of. Will it be like that thing that went in the bin last Tuesday after lingering in a cupboard for six years? ... you know that thing that would be so useful today......

PurplePenny

VoG II 21:22 03 Jul 2003

The worst it will do is delete cookies for sites like this one that use cookies to remember your log-on details. Just a question of typing them in again.

Sealer 21:38 03 Jul 2003

Already donwloaded and ran V3. Guess what the options setting is faulty, I lost my cookies. Oh well at least I got rid of the rest of my Cr*p..
Thanks again all.
PS a newer version out soon with bugs fixed (they say) ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?