Temp file in Document/Settings in XP

Michael-254604 17:32 05 Feb 2004

Recent problems with XP I have tried to go back using safemode.Keyboard locked and I could not access safemode.CMOS Settings were reset and after using safemode I now find myself with a lot of my programs having to be reset. No problems ,a small price to pay for messing around. However I now have a duplicate set of files starting with Temp in Documents and Settings which cannot be deleted as they are regarded as systems files.Opening Internet Explorer keeps referring to these files when I look for favorites,cookies etc.How do get rid of these files with Explorer looking to my original
Documents and Settings?

LeadingMNMs 18:14 05 Feb 2004

For Temporary Internet Files go to Internet Options, on the general page open up the Settings for the TIFs. At the bottom of the screen click Move Folder and select the location where you would like the folder located. You will probably have to re-boot.

Hope this solves your problem.

LeadingMNMs 18:17 05 Feb 2004

For Temporary Internet Files go to Internet Options, on the general page open up the Settings for the TIFs. At the bottom of the screen click Move Folder and select the location where you would like the folder located. You will probably have to re-boot.

Hope this solves your problem.

hugh-265156 18:21 05 Feb 2004

hide any system files to prevent accidental deletation start/control panel/tools/folder options/view and tick "do not show hidden files and folders"

try cleanup click here

Michael-254604 06:57 07 Feb 2004

Thanks for the help.However having changed directory for files it still refused to budge. Having different users set up. I thought I would log out and go into a other and delete from there. I managed to do so but when I went back to my own settings. Guess what, back came another duplicated directory only without the Temp. So enough is enough. I checked all the files against each other and removed the original ****mbs and it appears to be fine.
Thanks a lot everyone. Do you get these many problems with LINUX ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?