Technical Info for making a pigtail with Hirose,,,

  Toni B 01:39 22 Sep 2005

I have just bought my dad a wifi card NEC Aterm WL54AG it has a funny adapter connector on it ,after a long search I was able to find a supplier that sells the connector the adapter is a Hirose MS-147-C (LP)-1 which can be bought from here click here but with postage cost more than the adapter I decided to try and make one ,my question relates to which cable do I need ? as the tech spec from Hirose means very little to my little brian, it gives the cable no. for the adapter but I am unable to find that type of cable(1.5D - HQEW))Can somebody give me any info on what cable I need which is the equivalentto above, to make a pigtail and what length is recommended? Shorter the better I guess? so I can pass on the info.I spoke to a digikey on line sales person but they told me they sell the adapter but not the cables,I have tried google but cant find reference to the specific cable.Is there another name for this type of cable??
Tech specs are here click here

  wiz-king 05:49 22 Sep 2005

Coaxial cable. It is a smaller version of that used for TV leads etc. I think the one you need is RG174/U but I don't know where you can get a short lengths - it comes in 100mreels! Try a yellow pages search for electronic manufacturing companies in your area or a company that repairs/makes radio transmitting equipment.

  octal 06:58 22 Sep 2005

Maplin Electronics sell 1Mtr lengths of RG174 A/U cable click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?