Tech Advisor web site not responding correctly

stlucia2 09:26 16 Jan 2018

Sorry, title bar is not long enough: I'm accessing the site at the moment from my Samsung Tab 2 10.1 tablet, using it's native web browser. This has worked for me in the past, but today when I tried to post a reply to a thread in this forum, it kept giving me a blank white screen with two double-quote marks at the top left. I pressed the Post button four times, with the same result.

Then I found I couldn't activate the "Contact forum editor" or "Report a post" link to report it. Eventually I got back to the forum and found that my post had actually been repeated four times!

Since I bought it maybe four years ago Android 4.2.2 has never updated itself. Is that likely to be the root of my problem?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus