task manager full screen all time ???

MJS WARLORD 16:07 29 Jun 2018

my task manager has always opened quarter screen size , recently it started opening full screen which I don't want it to do , how do I get it back to quarter screen.

AroundAgain 16:19 29 Jun 2018

If you look at the top Right hand corner of Task Manager window, you should see, going from Right to Left, a X to close the window, a Square on top of another Square and a little line, like a hyphen.

You can click on the Square-on-a-Square to reduce the size of the window to it's former size. To minimise the window, click on the hyphen-looking icon. If you want to then resize your window, move your cursor to the side or top/bottom of the window and when the cursor changes to double ended arrow, you can click-and-drag the side/top/bottom to the size you want.

Does this help?

TechSpeed 16:30 29 Jun 2018

Press F11. You may have to hold down the FN key at the same time, according to the laptop model. F11 can be used to switch to full-screen mode.

You can also move the cursor to the top edge of the screen. Your eyelashes must slip in the mirror. Leave the cursor in place, then right-click. The menu will appear. Click Exit Full Screen Mode.

Hope it helps!

AroundAgain 16:45 29 Jun 2018

Techspeed

Thanks - you learn something new every day. eh? I hadn't appreciated the function of F11 key till now ;)

Not sure what your reference to 'eye lashes slipping' but maybe that's something specific between you and MJS WARLORD ;)

MJS WARLORD 16:48 29 Jun 2018

around again , I know what you mean with the box over box but that did not work all it did was make the scroll bar on the right go off screen.

techspeed your suggestion did not work either , by the way I have a desktop not a laptop

AroundAgain 16:56 29 Jun 2018

MJS WARLORD

Have you tried this? -

Switch to the desired window using Alt + Tab . ...
Press Alt + Space shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the window menu.
Now, press S . ...
Use the left, right, up and down arrow keys to resize your window.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple