task manager

aboutit 16:06 17 Dec 2008

Re previous posts I have tried everything to get windows task manager to open when i press ctrl/alt/delete nothing happens. I have now gone into C/Windows/Sytem32/Taskmanager. When i click this it says cannot find the file, How can I reinstall without the xp disc

MAJ 16:18 17 Dec 2008

In System32, it's not called "taskmanager", it's called "taskmgr", so if you're seeing "taskmanager" you've got the wrong thing. Your OS would have been useful, but if you're using XP, put this in your System32 folder. click here

aboutit 16:38 17 Dec 2008

it is XP Home and I have done that but it still says windows cannot find the file

Sea Urchin 16:47 17 Dec 2008

Did you follow the advice given to you on previous thread? Not a lot of point starting another thread with exactly the same problem

click here

aboutit 16:53 17 Dec 2008

yes i followed all th advice malaware and spybot found trojan downloader Win32/small gen D!|In c\wINDOWS\sYSTEM32\LSHPRN.exe. But nothing seems to be able to remove it. McAfee didn`t find it so I contacted them and they said it would be a false reading from other spyfinders causing conflict

MAJ 17:53 17 Dec 2008

Just as a test, try creating a shortcut to the taskmgr file you downloaded and placed in the System32 folder, see if that works. Right-click on the desktop and choose New > Shortcut.

aboutit 18:02 17 Dec 2008

no that didn`t work either

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?