task bar etc

happ 10:27 01 Mar 2004

my main task bar which used to be at the bott of the screen has suddenly gone to the top,how can I get it back ?
Also on startup a panel appears on the screen
relating to registering a program which I have already registered , how can I get rid of this panel for good?
thanks eric

hugh-265156 11:12 01 Mar 2004

right click your taskbar and untick "lock the taskbar"

left click on an empty space on the taskbar and move your mouse to the bottom of the screen.adjust the size of it by hovering the mouse over the top edge of the taskbar untill you see two little arrows and just drag up or down.

right click again and lock it.

as for your start up pop up.whats the program asking to register?

try start/run type msconfig click the start up tab and untick everything except your av and firewall.if you know what the program is though there may be a run at start up option you can disable within it.

happ 17:59 01 Mar 2004

sorry to be a pain and thanks for your advice only probblem now is the taskbar is twice as wide as before again can you help me to get it back to original size,
thanks again eric

TimCDC 18:02 01 Mar 2004

Right click on the task bar again to make sure it is unlocked. Then put your cursor right on the top of the task bar, drag it downwards, and it should halve in size?

hugh-265156 18:05 01 Mar 2004

adjust the size of it by hovering the mouse over the top edge of the taskbar untill you see two little arrows and just drag up or down.

then lock it.

hugh-265156 18:05 01 Mar 2004

oops!

sorry TimCDC

happ 08:32 02 Mar 2004

thanks a lot,
eric

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?