tab button? where

  p;3 10:02 09 Dec 2006

one of those really basic questions ; however;I am searching for my tab key button but cannot identify it;I am sure someone can for me

(and if makes a difference; using win 98se)

  VoG II 10:06 09 Dec 2006

Usually above CTRL, Shift and Caps Lock on the far left of the keyboard. It may not say 'Tab' but may have something like <-> on it.

  SLAYER 10:42 09 Dec 2006
  p;3 10:57 09 Dec 2006

looks as though someone kinda forgot to label those buttons on my keyboard; and of course I am using an English version (NOT made in England!!)

  wee eddie 11:06 09 Dec 2006

The basic Keyboard layout.

Many keys have a number of alternative names which bear little of no relation to the logo on them and are lost in the mists of time.

Maybe it's time to republish a picture pointing out these anomalies, many of which are left over from the days of, the Fleet Street Hack bashing away on his old Olivetti in an Hotel lobby somewhere, or the shorthand typist whose fingers whizzed across the keys at speeds in excess of 70 words a minute..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?