Hot Topics

System restore won't restart

hiwatt 14:58 10 Apr 2007

(I already posted this but didn't resolve it so thought I'd try again)After switching off system restore to free up some disk space the system restore tab has vanished from system properties.In services it has been stopped but when I try to start it it says " could not start system restore on local computer error 5".I don't have my windows xp disc to reinstall.Could someone offer advice as to how to fix this please.

hiwatt 13:51 16 Apr 2007

Thanks for the response folks.The time settings are correct however it says "an error occured while windows was synchronizing with time.windows .com"I tried updating and then tried to start system restore but still wouldn't start.Still no system restore tab either?Cheers.

hiwatt 14:10 16 Apr 2007

Sorry.It's only letting me use 2 options(Time windows.com,Time.nist.gov)I've tried the above link also bit to no avail?

hiwatt 16:05 16 Apr 2007

Just wanted to report that I got this sorted after weeks of tring everything.I got a tip to rename the system volume information folder to something similar and this worked.System restore has reapeared and is up and running.Thanks to everyone who offered help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans