System restore infected!

boybrown 23:26 20 May 2004

Hi folks,

I'm running NOD32 antivirus and it is coming up with an infiltration detected when it runs scan. The details are as follows:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{6F639598-A386-4F00-BD0E-D9C9514A320F}\RP228\A0077290.exe - Win32/TrojanDownloader.INService.C trojan

When I run a normal scan it doesn't pick anything up, also when I run a trojan scan it doesn't alert me to anything wrong. I can't find any way of deleting the system restore point.

Any ideas?

cheers

:-)

Djohn 23:30 20 May 2004

Right click on the My computer Icon, properties/system restore tab and turn it off. Scan again and heal/remove the virus then as above to turn system restore back on. j.

ahales42 23:32 20 May 2004

if your using xp. go to control panel/system.system restore and turn it off. run your av again and that should clear it.

Charence 23:34 20 May 2004

RESTORE files are out of bounds for AV programs.

Go To START > CONTROL PANEL > PERFORMANCE & MAINTENANCE > SYSTEM PROPERTIES (see system information,etc) > SYSTEM RESTORE

Turn Off System Restore click APPLY. Then Turn On System Restore and click OK.

File should be now deleted. NB - Any restore points you may have created will also be deleted, however, deleting virus should remain as top priority.

Charence

boybrown 23:55 20 May 2004

Folks,

Thanks sooo much for your help. I'm doing as you instructed as we speak! great to be able to tick resolved.

Many, many thanks

boybrown :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?