Hot Topics

System resore won't start

youtellme 13:06 09 Apr 2007

Hi can someone help me please?I turned off system restore to save up some disc space but when I tried to turn it back on the system restore tab had gone from the properties on my computer.In services it has been stopped but when I try to start it it says "could not start the system restore service on local computer access is denied error 5"I don't know a lot about computers but I've tried everything that I could find on the internet.Could someone recommend something please?p.s I don't have my windows xp disc.Thankyou in advance.

rawprawn 13:09 09 Apr 2007

Try this go to Start/Run and type sfc /scannow and hit enter (Watch the space betyween sfc and/)
You will need your XP CD.

rawprawn 13:11 09 Apr 2007

Sorry should have read all the way down. You can do it by changing the registry to look on your C:
I will post a link when I find it again.

rawprawn 13:13 09 Apr 2007

click here scroll down to how to use C:

youtellme 15:14 09 Apr 2007

Thanks for the help people.Rawprawn It's asking for xp disc to install the sr.inf file and I don't have it.I really have tried everything,it's driving me insane.All I did was turn it off.

youtellme 15:22 09 Apr 2007

IS there a way to sort this without the windows xp disc.Does anyone know what it is that's happend?Thanks.

BurrWalnut 15:56 09 Apr 2007

How to reinstall System Restore click here

hiwatt 16:15 09 Apr 2007

I'm not having any luck with this at all.Thanks for the advice people have given me so far.

hiwatt 19:36 09 Apr 2007

Yeah,I've got 31 GB free space.

hiwatt 19:58 09 Apr 2007

Ive tried all that to but no luck.Really frustrating.

hiwatt 20:00 09 Apr 2007

I've tried all that but still no luck.Very frustrating everything is set the way it's meant to be but still no system restore in properties and still wont start in services?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans