System Failure with Pinnacle Studio8 Video Creatio

Cui Bono 17:57 09 Mar 2005

I have been using Pinnacle Studio8 with my Mesh Matrix 2600+Xi quite comfortably for a year until my Hard Disk failed. Mesh quickly replacet it and returned the computer with a new version of Windows XP plus Service Pack 2.

I reinstalled all my software packages and restored my backed up data.

Now everytime I create a new video with Pinnacle Studio8 and then go to Make Movie, on clicking the Create Disc button the screen goes instantly black and the computer restarts. This happens every time.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio8 without success.

I hesitate to contact companies' helplines because from previous experience I suspect I shall end up spending hours and money on the phone being bounced from site to site, unsuccessfully.

I would very much appreciate some help and advice from anyone with better computing experience than I have.

Many thanks

woodchip 18:01 09 Mar 2005

This sound more like a Graphics driver problem

woodchip 18:03 09 Mar 2005

PS check Device Manager for yellow marks.
Right click on My Computer Icon Properties/Hardware/Device Manager

mole44 20:13 09 Mar 2005

i use pinnacle studeo 8,its the most buggy software i have used,i however have found before you use it close down the computer then restart it,i have a feeling that memory fragmentation causes it to go belly up.i do a computer restart and that usually does the trick.also if you go to there web site there are updates look under the legacy tab,be warned there quite large.

woodchip 20:15 09 Mar 2005

Also have you downloaded the latest software updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?