System battery dead

BobT. 13:10 15 Oct 2004

When I switch my PC on I get message about dead system battery - how can i change it and where to get it from?
Thank you.

Taff36 13:35 15 Oct 2004

What kind of system have you got? Laptop or desktop / tower. The batteries are like flat camera batteries. Simple to remove (Usually) and replace. Your system manual should tell you how to do it but post back and we`ll help!

Bren.ie 13:36 15 Oct 2004

The system battery is usually a small "button cell" battery located on the motherboard of the computer.

If you do not have a motherboard instruction manual have a look at the motherboard and carefully remove the button cell battery. The make and type of battery will usually be printed on the battery.

If you are unable to buy a similar battery from your computer shop try click here

Taff36 13:40 15 Oct 2004

click here

click here

Any good PC shop will have one. Plus camera shops(Jessops), Staples or other stationery shop perhaps.

uisquebeathus 13:47 15 Oct 2004

the battery is on the Motherboard usually in a small spring clipped holder very carefully depress the spring and the battery will pop out, try not to scratch the motherboard. Battery types for example the Varta/Panasonic/K.T.S./Sony 2032 3volt Lithium is very common (different companies same number)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Brilliant (and Weird) World Cup 2018 Art and Design Projects

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?