Hot Topics

Sync Address books for outlook e mail

john bunyan 10:57 13 Feb 2020
Answered

I used to use a POP3 e mail account with talk talk. I changed to outlook.com IMAP. Somehow my address books have become out of synch. On my desktop the address book labelled " this computer only" is correct, but the Outlook one is out of date. I would like to harmonise them such that I end up with the outlook one up to date and the default one. I have found how to delete a book but not how to harmonise. I cant find where the address book files are stored or I would have tried to use freefileshnch to do the job.

john bunyan 15:24 13 Feb 2020
Answer

In the absence of replies, I used snip to copy all of the two address books and manually ensured the outlook one is up to date. Annoyingly, on trying to add a new contract it defaults to my wife’s address book when I use my Office platform that has 4 accounts on it. I have to ensure I select MY outlook Address book for entering new contracts end up in her one.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

Diversity Matters more than ever in illustration

Apple doubles price of MacBook Pro RAM upgrade

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans