Sygate - W32 Kernel and RNAAP blocked

pppc 19:24 11 Aug 2004

I am running Sygate Personal Firewall under Windows 98SE. I have just switched to Broadband (ADSL with Demon).

I am continually being advised that Win32 Kernel and RN_AAP are being blocked. (I suspect that blocking W32 K may be causing problems - my system is currently very unstable though Norton reports it clean).

I have not been able to find any where in Sygate that will tell me what files/apps/sites have been blocked and give me a means of unblocking them.

a) should I leave Sygate to block thses apps??

b) Where doesa Sygate keep a record of what I have instructed it to do and let me change it??

Any help would be appreciated

PeterC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 11 Aug 2004

click here sygate info

pppc 19:44 11 Aug 2004

Fruit Bat - what kept you?!?! :-)

I felt there had to be the facility under applications but somehow I missed it.

However, I am now more confused than ever. Under 'Applications' Win32 kernel is shown as Allowed. But my message keeps saying it is being blocked and when I look at 'Running Applications' I find that 'Incoming Allowed' = 0, 'Incoming Blocked' = 1012, and xero outgoing traffic. I'm afraid I don't understand the Advanced Options.

If you can advise whether I should allow Win 32 K to allow incoming traffic and if so how?? I should be grateful.

And I find no mention of RNAAP (I think that is the spelling) though I have been receiving notifications that it is blocked throughout today.

I'm v ery grateful for your response - taaa v. much

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?