svchost.exe?

BB[big brother] 15:36 03 Dec 2005

I AM USING WIN XP SP2.I NOTICED THAT MY COMPUTER IS GETTING SLOWER AND SLOWER EACH DAY .THEN I FOUND THIS SVCHOST.EXE IN TASK MANAGER IT IS USING MOST OF CPU .WHEN I TERMINATE IT THE SYSTEM RUNS SMOTHLY BUT EVERY TIME I REBOOT I HAVE TO STOP IT AGAIN. IT IS STATED AS A SYSTEM APPLICATION.
WHAT TO DO WITH IT?

PaulB2005 15:38 03 Dec 2005

Do you have anti virus?

Is it up to date?

ICF 15:43 03 Dec 2005

Like PaulB2005 updat youe virus checker and do a system scan.Look at the link below

click here

BB[big brother] 15:44 03 Dec 2005

I USE MCAFEE ENTERPRISE THAT IS WELL UPDATED . I FOUND PATE32 VIRUS A FEW DAYS EARLIER.WHAT DO U THINK A VIRUS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?

PaulB2005 15:45 03 Dec 2005

A virus is possible.

By the way please turn your Caps Lock off as it is considered rude and SHOUTING!

BB[big brother] 15:52 03 Dec 2005

WELL IF SVCHOST IS INTEGRAL PART OF WIN XP THEN IT MUST BE SOME VIRUS THAT IS CAUSING PROBLEMS BUT I TOLD U GUYS THAT WHEN I STOP ONE OF THESE THE SYSTEM IS FINE

PaulB2005 15:53 03 Dec 2005

SVCHOST is an integral part of XP. Howeve some viruses use the same names as XP files to disguise themselves.

Run a scan at click here

---

Please stop SHOUTING

BB[big brother] 15:53 03 Dec 2005

ok mate caps is off

absent 15:56 03 Dec 2005

"Svchost.exe" (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services) is an integral part of Windows OS. It cannot be stopped or restarted manually. It manages 32-bit DLLs and other services. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services portion of the registry to construct a list of services that it needs to load. In normal conditions multiple instances of Svchost.exe run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services, so that separate services can be run depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. The svchost.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder. In other cases, svchost.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!

BB[big brother] 15:59 03 Dec 2005

i am downloading that task manager that claims that it can tell that whether the program is virus or something else

BB[big brother] 16:12 03 Dec 2005

well this task manager seems to be a good thing.it is telling very good in formation about all programs running .
since i have stoped that special svchost.exe it will will appear again only when i rebot .so i will get it all right then.
thanks alot for help.consider it resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming