Suspected Hijack

albertpalbert 20:41 11 Apr 2005

I have a toolbar which I can't get rid of. Some rather unsuitable topics have been added to my favourites list and I suspect a possible hijack. I will post a HJT logfile here also.

Nellie2 - one for you I think if you are still about.

woodchip 21:21 12 Apr 2005

Registry Shaver task installed when you install the software for Fuji Finepix digital cameras. At the time of writing we have no idea as to what REGSHAVE actually does.

Recommendation :
We always disable REGSHAVE and we have never experienced adverse effects from doing so. Thus our recommendation is that you disable this task with The Ultimate Troubleshooter. From click here

Nellie2 01:22 13 Apr 2005

Hi Albertpalbert... your log looks clean but you do have a fair few things running at startup that aren't necessary. Woodchip posted a link to a useful site, here is the main page click here I suggest you go there when you have a bit of time and configure your start up applications to your preferences.

You could clear out some unneeded temp files

Please download and install this disk cleanup utility called Cleanup!
click here

It will get rid of any malware which may be hiding in your temp folders ( a common hiding place). You will also regain a massive amount of disk space.

click here is a tutorial which describes its usage:

Run the disk cleanup utility and check the custom settings to your liking under options, but be sure to delete temporary files and temporary internet files for all user profiles. Also, cleanout the prefetch folder and the recycle bin.

albertpalbert 08:14 13 Apr 2005

Thanks to both of you. One last thing that you may be able to assist with is SYSFADER?? When I go to shut my machine down I get an error message telling me that sysfader is not responding. Can I fix that?

woodchip 09:30 13 Apr 2005

A useful link click here

download Power toys from
click here

You can then remove all Animation effects in XP these slow the computer down and use resources. That may get rid of the above problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?