Super loud current noise in microphone

G3cko 19:42 16 Nov 2018

Whenever I have my microphone plugged in, it makes this noise: 1">[click here it is possible to hear my voice if I talk, it's almost impossible due to the noise. It's not my headset that's the problem (I've tried it on other devices with no issues), but it's an attitude one Tunguska 2.0. The microphone still somehow picks up some noise even when it's unplugged.

Thanks for any help in advance, just ask if there's any information you need.

1]: [click here

While

wee eddie 19:49 16 Nov 2018

I suspect feedback

wee eddie 19:52 16 Nov 2018

I suspect feedback

G3cko 20:01 16 Nov 2018

Do you know of a possible fix?

wee eddie 20:22 16 Nov 2018

Feedback is caused by a sound from the Speakers being picked up by the Mic and relayed in a loop.

The usual cure is to move the Mic, relative to the Speakers, and possibly reduce its sensitivity

G3cko 20:35 16 Nov 2018

Since it's a headset moving the mic is quite difficult, and it makes the noise even when there are no other sounds.

wee eddie 21:08 16 Nov 2018

The sound is frequently not audible to the human ear.

However there may be other causes. I'll leave that to others

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?