A suitable sound card for my PC?

CurlyWhirly 13:02 10 Sep 2005

Can anyone please recommend a sound card for me?
I would love to ditch onboard sound as it's a bit cr*p!

I have tried Creative soundcards before they do not work correctly due to a problem known as 'PCI latency'.

I have been to click here

and tried the 2 following solutions but neither of them worked.

"Patch for Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy-series drivers - This patch will disable the "turbo mode" feature of newer Creative drivers, which will solve "crackling" or distortion problems for some users. Try this patch if the VIA "PCI Latency" patch does not solve your sound-related problem."

"PCI Latency patch for VIA chipsets - This is a Windows driver that will patch motherboards that have VIA chipsets. It is intended to solve many problems, including: Sounds played by a Creative Labs sound card are distorted"

I have been advised to get an M Audio sound card but does anyone have a ViA chipset (like me) and has experienced crackling noises with Creative sound cards?

If so which sound card would you recommend that *is* compatible with my motherboard which is a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP?

Cheers.

CurlyWhirly 08:54 13 Sep 2005

[QUOTE]They aren't one of the frontrunners for nothing.Pleased your sorted tho'

I know what you mean as it was a hassle FREE installation and so nice to see that the 5 Device Manager errors have now gone!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

iPhone 2019 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs