Suggestion 4 Forums

[DELETED] 12:55 23 Aug 2003

On the thread listing page's eg helproom, consumer watch & web design would it be possible to have the page automatically refresh after say 2 or 3 minutes. Obviously it would have to be set at sufficient time for the members to read through the thread's or appropriate to how busy the section is. Eg I would expect the web design listing to be updated every five minutes or so, consumer watch every three minutes or so & the help room every couple of minutes.

This suggestion is only intended for the subject listing & NOT individual threads!

Hope that makes sense FE

Regards
T

Forum Editor 13:12 23 Aug 2003

and the page is refreshed automatically already. We don't see the need to alter the peresnt system - it works pretty well - but many thanks for the suggestion.

[DELETED] 13:14 23 Aug 2003

I was just being lazy...... Altering how much time passes during the refresh would have saved me from right click & refreshing from my end. I appreciate that this could be a draw on resources though.

Regards
T

powerless 14:03 23 Aug 2003

The pages are not auto refreshed on my PC.

[DELETED] 16:46 23 Aug 2003

You can enable automatic reload every minute if you like. Powerless, I think what FE means is that if click View All Subjects, or go to the next page of messages, the page is automatically updated with the latest additions.

powerless 17:05 23 Aug 2003

OH i see i already do that.

I'm not getting opera just for the auto refresher...

graham√ 17:14 23 Aug 2003

Wot about F5?

woodchip 17:26 23 Aug 2003

You can make your browser refresh automatic, adjust the time like it does for mail

[DELETED] 18:12 23 Aug 2003

This add-on will refresh automatically as well as a host of other things. click here

powerless 18:15 23 Aug 2003

Where the option for that then?

To refresh the page...

Weh hey hes back :-))) graham√ i use F5 aslo ;-)

powerless 18:15 23 Aug 2003

Where the option for that then?

To refresh the page...

Weh hey hes back :-))) graham√ i use F5 aslo ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?