Subject Line in Email Link

Pesala 10:06 31 Oct 2003

I know how to add an email address to my website, and how to add a name with something like

mailto: Feedback>[email protected]

But how would you insert a subject line like "A Questions about your books" or "Feedback on your website"?

Sir Radfordin 10:09 31 Oct 2003

This site may mess it up but lets try:

mailto:[email protected]?subject=A Question about your books

basically you add ?subject= on the end of the email address and then just type the subject you want.

Pesala 10:18 31 Oct 2003

Hey what happened? The Title I just typed above was right justified.

Pesala 10:33 31 Oct 2003

Now, if I receive an email I will know if it came from a visitor to my website (I also visit several forums) and I shall know on which page the visitor clicked the link to email me.

Taran 10:50 31 Oct 2003

you can also send carbon copy or blind carbon copy to more than one email address using a similar trick, which is handy if several people are involved with a site or processing information that comes from it:

Using commas to seperate the email address means you can send to multiples and you can CC and/or BCC all from the same link.

Enjoy it.

Sir Radfordin 11:17 31 Oct 2003

You can also use &body to add in body text :)

Subject=Hello&body=Pesala is great.

You can also use ? as the mailto address for the user to fill in themselves. One way this can be used is to have a 'tell a friend' link:

Link Text = Tell A Friend about site

HTML Link = mailto:?Subject=Pesala's amazing website&body=Wow this is a great site visit it for fun htttp://click here

Taran 11:21 31 Oct 2003

Pesala 12:13 31 Oct 2003

No wonder there's so much spam these days

Pesala 00:43 01 Nov 2003

I just updated my website again with the new email links. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?