Stutter while recording and other small problems

Blissfull Kitty 14:09 23 Jan 2019

Hi Everybody.

I have a problem with my pc. I get stutters while recording my gameplay. When using shadowplay it gets more 'acceptable stutter'. When recording with Action! Recorder or any other software i get alot of stutter. Everytime i press record the fps goes down a bit. But normally i don't notice that. I record videogameplay for over a year with Action software and it is not working anymore since 2 weeks ago. Stutter is all over the place now. Only when i record! This is my setup;

• I7 8700K + Liquid Cooling *Note my CPU is NOT overclocked
  • *MSI Motherboard 370 Gaming
  • *16 GB Memory
  • *1080GTX
  • *Crucial SSD, 2x Samsung SSD, Hard Disk 3 TB
  • *PSU RM550X
  • *Windows 10

What i already tried;

*Memtest turned out good.

*Tried the banks in other slots

*Tested recording on every SSD .

*Tested out 8 different recording programs, all with the same results (Except for shadowplay giving the best results but not perfect).

*Did stresstests on the whole rig (Temperatures remain normal).

*Tried to lower my screenrefresh rate from 144 to 60.

*Installed a clean windows on a different SSD.

*Did a ssd benchmark to see if it is still good.

*Tried another PSU.

*Checked if the CPU is throttleing, that is not the case.

*I also verified windows with the command sfc/ scannow, no problems found.

*Did a stresstest on the GPU. Didn't saw any flaws.

I also have some small other weird problems with my pc;

*Sometimes my usb ports fall out for a second or 2 and turn back on.

*My screendrivers sometimes fail.

*I got rarely weird artifacts on my screen that was not recordable by screen recording software.

*I got one ssd that is not alway's recognized by the motherboard.

*Sometimes my pc is extremely slow, and other times not.

*My pc starts up very slow.

I hope somebody can think along what else i can do to discover what is going on here.

Remember 2 weeks ago i had no problems with stutter (the small problems were there but NO stutter)

Thank you for reading.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

From Haiku to Hokusai: How a new puzzle game was inspired by ancient Japanese art

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les meilleurs forfaits mobiles à moins de 20 €