stuck in BIOS. cant boot win10

ginsu0311 18:23 18 Feb 2017

Windows 10 encountered an error, blue screen of death with smiley face.

After reset I reach the aptio setup utility. I think that's the BIOS?

I have an msi gt72 6QE dominator pro G.

Inside the aptio setup, if I choose the advance tab, select intel® rapid storage tech, I see two things:

Raid volumes: RAID0IMSVolume, RADIO(stripe) 238.5GB, failed.

Non-Raid Physical Disks: SATA 0.3, HGST HTS721010A9E630 JR100X6P37T853, 931.5GB

If I select the raid volume, the only volume actions are delete.

Raid member disks: SATA 0.0, TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NU 854S10XHTNJY, 119.2GB is shown if selected I see the disk action: Reset to non-RAID.

I cant get passed this aptio, I somehow got the legacy boot going and it showed failure for that same drive.

I'm not a pc expert but I suspect this is a hard drive failure? :(

I'm out of warranty. Does anyone know what I can do to try fux thus and boot windows? Please help :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 18 Feb 2017

The disadvantage of disk striping is low resiliency. The failure of any physical drive in the striped disk set results in the loss of the data on the striped unit, and consequently, the loss of the entire data set stored across the set of striped hard disks.

I.E. expect your data to be gone if you don't have a back up.

You could try booting from a windows repair disk if you have one for your machine.

ginsu0311 22:03 18 Feb 2017

Thank you for the reply. Would the reset to non-raid do anything? MSI didn't provide me with any boot disk...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:44 19 Feb 2017

Hopefully the HDD is physically OK and this is just data corruption

Assuming windows 10 or 8.1?

power on and power off after 5 secs - repeat three times and on the fourth attempt it may boot to repair options. try a start up repair first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?