Stubborn Psion

[DELETED] 21:09 01 Aug 2003

I just uninstalled my Psion Revo from my PC which run Windows ME. The "My Psion" icon has remained on the desktop and will not allow me to delete it. I have had a little look in the registry (which I find rather scary as I am a tweaking novice), and found under Hkey_local_machine\software a Psion folder which I deleted. The litle devil of an icon is still there. HELP!!! Any ideas how to get rid of it? Thanks in grateful anticipation.

Philip2 15:04 02 Aug 2003

Can't you delete it by right clicking the icon then delete???

[DELETED] 12:02 04 Aug 2003

Sadly not, I tried that, and also dragging it into the recycle bin, which it wont let me do either. It is very frustrating.

[DELETED] 12:16 04 Aug 2003

Have you tried deleting it from safe mode?

[DELETED] 12:19 04 Aug 2003

Sorry clicked send by mistake, right click choose properties make sure read only is unticked.

Try renaming it, clearing target box,

[DELETED] 14:01 05 Aug 2003

Tried right clicking properties. Comes up none available-can't remember exact wording but will check when I get home-. I think this is due to the fact I deleted the Psion folder from the registry. What did you mean about safe mode?

[DELETED] 14:13 05 Aug 2003

As your computer starts press (usually) F8 you will be presemted with various options one of which will be safe mode.

Safe mode starts the computer with a minimal set of drivers it always worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best computer security tips

This fantastic short film is packed with hidden TV and film references

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Soundcore Spirit X d’Anker