stratford computer fair

herc182 19:58 26 Nov 2004

Dear all,

i heard from a friend that there is a market in stratford, london and it is dedicated to computers.

anyone been? and good? and are there deals to be had?

thanks

Noelg23 20:04 26 Nov 2004

wow...the last time I went there was about 4yrs ago when I went to buy parts to build my very first PC. I was very amazed at the prices...I got a motherboard for £25! back those days if you bought one from PC World it would probably have cost you over £50 or even £100 so it was a bargain. I also bought a case, power supply, 4x DVD rom drive. it was great! so I would definitely go there. also another computer fair is in the West End of London just off Tottenham Court Road...I have been there a few times and bought some good parts for very good prices. so I would recommend them. brings back memories.

herc182 20:15 26 Nov 2004

thanks for the input. i am looking for a HDD and possibly a dvd recorder (given my current probelm with my cd drive (see other post!)). just wondering how the guarantees work with things like this?

Noelg23 21:22 26 Nov 2004

simple...just make sure you keep the receipts and you should be ok...altho when my things were damaged I just went and bought replacements as they were so cheap and good...so no complaints from me...I even have some old parts I bought from the fairs...just not really used them...

herc182 22:04 26 Nov 2004

ok thanks.
am off there tomorrow!

Audeal 23:34 26 Nov 2004

Computer Fairs Web Site. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?