Strange problem with hard drive

chatzi 11:59 13 Jul 2018

Hello guys, I have a problem with my hard drive. I can't remember but I did with it but as I can remember i made many partitions. Since then, whenever I connect the hard drive to my pc I can see it in My Computer as local disk E: but without the total size and the free space. Also, when I try to run a hard drive diagnostic tool with the hard drive installed, the software won't run. Moreover, when I try to run disk management, it stuck at Connecting Virtual Disk Service. Generally, the hdd is super slow even when I do a chkdsk. I am very confused and I would be very pleased if you could help me with this problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:19 13 Jul 2018

Best thing might be to wipe it and start again.

Remove any data from it you want to keep. before you start.

You could then use diskpart in command prompt (admin) use the clean command in diskpart to wipe all patitions and data from the drive

chatzi 14:27 13 Jul 2018

But I can't even access the data of the hard disk. Maybe I can access them without booting the OS but I don't know how.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 13 Jul 2018
  • assume you are connecting by having the drive in an external caddy and connecting bu USB?

HAve you tried connecting directly to a sata point? however if the drive is badly corrupt it might not boot.

If disk management is struggling to see it then it is probaly beyon recovering data from.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)