Strange message on Microsoft Edge

qwbos 12:18 31 Jan 2018

Every so often, when I close Edge, instead of the usual "Do you want to close all tabs" I get "By the way your files are still downloading. You might lose them if you close the browser"

The syntax doesn't seem right for Microsoft and the font, from memory, seems slightly different from the usual message. There's nothing in Task Manager to suggest anything's downloading. Avast, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware found nothing. Search draws a blank.

Anybody else experienced this?

john bunyan 12:50 31 Jan 2018

I use IE still! You have tried the things I use, but I suggest you download and run ADWCleaner from bleeping computer - that will find any unauthorised items. Download, scan then clean , accept defaults

wee eddie 13:10 31 Jan 2018

I get this in Edge, now and again.

I have always assumed that it refers to Advertising Material that has not yet fully downloaded

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?