Strange "goldfish bowl" shaped display in games.

  Cybermaxx 18:29 06 Aug 2004

I'm just wondering what causes this. It only happens in a handful of games (Chrome, Battlefield 1942 for example). The left and right hand edges of the screen are curved, and changing the screen resolution makes no difference at all.

I'm using a bog standard 17 inch CRT monitor, less than two years old. Changing graphics cards makes no difference (I have a Radeon 9000 and a 9600). Anyone any ideas/remedies? Cheers.

  Cybermaxx 19:50 06 Aug 2004

Er, bump!

Anyone? I really would like to discover what's causing this problem.

  Agent Smith 20:40 06 Aug 2004

The technical term is "Pincushion" you may be able to adjust it in your monitor settings. I have a Belinea monitor that sometimes does something similar but thankfully it hasn't done it for a few months now. It may just be a glitch or signs of something more drastic. Time will tell.

  Agent Smith 20:42 06 Aug 2004

try switching the monitor off and then on again a few seconds later (just the monitor) that worked for me. Sorry I meant to mention that in my first post.

  Cybermaxx 21:54 06 Aug 2004

I really don't think the monitor is on it's last legs! As I say, it only does this on certain games. I'll try out your suggestion. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?