Strange effect when closing tabs in windows

davecartman 15:57 18 Nov 2018

I have noticed recently that when I shut down my laptop, on starting up again tabs in windows slowly appear, and fade away slowly when closed. By slowly I mean taking about two to three seconds. If I 'restart' then everything goes back to normal and stays that way until the next time I shut down and start up again. The only thing I have done recently was to replace my HDD with a Crucial SSD, cloning this using Acronis True Image 2019. Everything went fine with this replacement, no problems at all and boot times are greatly reduced and moving between tabs is much quicker when working normally. As I rarely shut down my laptop I cannot say when this started but it did not happen before the drive change. This is not realy a big problem more of a puzzle to me so any ideas why? My OS is W7 Home Premium.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch