Stop Error 0x000000D5

jaycup 22:50 13 Sep 2004

I ran 'Verifier' from the Run-box and found three unidentified drivers after ticking the boxes I re-booted Windows. My desktop appeared and then the screen went black and I received a
Stop Error 0x000000D5. This related to a driver
'Gearaspiwdm.sys' which is found in the Windows>System32>Drivers folder. The message stated that "this driver was attempting to access memory after this had been freed". I had to re-boot and use 'Last Good Configuration' to reinstall my desktop. I uninstalled (and saved) this driver but it seems to be used by Windows as all my CD-DVD Rom Drives were all wiped from 'My Computer', so I have re-instal the driver and things are ok now.The problem of course still remains. Can anyone suggest how to cure this one.

stalion 23:03 13 Sep 2004

have you installed sp2?

jaycup 11:11 14 Sep 2004

Yes. The problem was also there with SP1. It does not stop me using the computer but it gives me a major problem if i try to do a repair/install of Windows XP as it stops halfway through and I have great difficulty in getting my system back again, as Windows shuts down my computer to 'protect' the system and the reason is the same stop error that I mention above, so it is something that needs to be fixed.

Yes. The problem was also there with SP1. It does not stop me using the computer but it gives me a major problem if i try to do a repair/install of Windows XP as it stops halfway through and I have great difficulty in getting my system back again, as Windows shuts down my computer to 'protect' the system and the reason is the same stop error that I mention above, so it is something that needs to be fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?