still constantly getting this message!

kayell1 13:12 01 Aug 2008

Hi all....I have been getting a pop up window all the time saying that there is an 'INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR' and I am given the option of continuing on this takes me three or more clicks on 'YES' to delete the pop up. What is causing this please? I have been into Internet Explorer page and then in to the 'advanced' tab. There is a tick in the box against 'disable script debugging..internet explorer' and in the box 'disable script debugging ...other'.
Can anyone tell me what is causing the constant widow pop-up as it is there all the time and is enough to make you want to throw the PC at the wall.
thanks for any help.

DippyGirl 13:25 01 Aug 2008

Have you got "Display a notification about every script error" unchecked ?
Cause can be manyfold - downlevel software/drivers, blocked Applets/ActiveX/Scripts
or just bad website code
But if it is there all the time it suggests a settings problem - or something is being blocked (firewall/AV)
I use Firefox and have very few problems on the sites I visit - unless they are coded specifically for IE ... if thats the case I just move on and wont go back

kayell1 19:36 01 Aug 2008

Hi Dippygirl...I do have the box for "Display a notification about every script error" unchecked.
I use 'F Secure Internet Security' for my virus protection etc and have been using it for a year now. The problem with the internet explorer pop up has only been around for the last month or so.
Still at a loss to understand what is going wrong.

DippyGirl 13:22 02 Aug 2008

Is it all sites?
If no have you an example of where it pops?

kayell1 19:18 02 Aug 2008

seems to pop up all the time but I will try to narrow it down a bit.

DippyGirl 09:59 04 Aug 2008

Which Browser are you using?
If IE what is the privacy setting ?
Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
If High ActiveX controls can get disabled
- try medium
Also have you tried clearing all temp internet files, cookies and history. If you clear cookies when you revisit a site it will be as for the first time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?