Steps to restore Internet on a networked PC ???

Revi 10:52 12 Sep 2003

I have two networked PCs connected to broadband through a common router; PC 1 using Win 98 and PC 2 W2K professional. For some reason I am not able to get through to the Internet on PC 2, whereas internet is working fine on PC 1. I have checked all cable connections, they are ok. I disconnected and reconnected all the router and broadband cables for the sake of caution. I am even able to access on PC 2 the required files from PC 1. In short, everything is working fine with PC 2 except the internet. On clicking on the IE icon on PC 2, the globe on the upper right hand corner turns for a while and then stops showing a monitor screen saying that the site is not accessible ( exactly the same sort of screen you get when you type a wrong web address on the address bar).

Would someone please describe to me all the steps (if that is possible w/o reverting back to me with questions) that would be needed to restore my internet connection on PC 2 ? I am not tech savvy and so would appreciate a step by step or very detailed and clear instructions.

JIM 11:18 12 Sep 2003

would for a start check out,or run a IE repair.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x or 6.x for Windows 2000

From the Start menu, select Settings, and then choose Control Panel. The Control Panel window will appear.

Open the Add/Remove Programs icon. The Add/Remove Programs window will appear.

Click the Internet Explorer 5.x option or the Internet Explorer 6.x option, and then click the Change/Remove button.

Click the Internet Repair Tool option and then click the OK button.

Click the Yes button.

Restart the computer when you are prompted.

Revi 12:10 12 Sep 2003

Your trick did the work! Keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?