Startup Manager ?

OCS lover 21:34 17 Nov 2003

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any way to start or re-start my system with gaming in mind?

I'd like to play some games that like to swallow up my Ram, so how can i go about booting or re-booting my computer so it is free of all the usual stuff?

I do have a memory manager (Winram Booster) but i usually turn this off when i play games as it seems to freeze the computer up more often than not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Running win98 256mb ram.

powerless 22:06 17 Nov 2003

Add another 256 stick.

Use msconfig click here

woodchip 22:13 17 Nov 2003

You could Partition your Drive and put windows on the other drive and dial boot as a games operating system. But you need things Like Drive Image to do it as it works and dual boot software this can be found on Partition Magic

woodchip 22:13 17 Nov 2003

Dual not Dial

VoG II 22:40 17 Nov 2003
  Audeal 01:46 18 Nov 2003

End it all? Highly recomended.

Jester2K II 07:51 18 Nov 2003

EndItAll is highly recommended (but i don't like version 2 though). Use to end all the progs you don't need. Then use something like Multi Program Launcher click here to restart those programs once you have finished gaming....

Diodorus Siculus 08:08 18 Nov 2003

Another tiny but most useful application. Select the programs you want to start when you switch on your computer - and disable those you don't. Resolve start-up conflicts by moving applications or changing the order of your start-up routine. Download the .exe option. Windows XP/Me/NT4/2000/98/95. Free. 34Kb

click here

OCS lover 22:57 19 Nov 2003

Thanks, everyone. Most useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?