Hot Topics

Start Up Picture uot of focus

blazon 82 11:19 18 Mar 2020

Since I had an update with Windows 10, my start up picture is out of focus. The small round picture in the centre is in focus. Looking at the picture in the files section that is in focus. I do wish that these updates would not keep on messing things up

mikef. 11:30 18 Mar 2020

Until you log in that is a standard feature

blazon 82 14:00 18 Mar 2020

Thanks for that, although it had not done that before the update.

wee eddie 15:51 18 Mar 2020

As it is only on the screen for a couple of seconds ~ Why bother?

alanrwood 18:17 18 Mar 2020

Go to Personalise by a right click on the desktop.Select "Colours" and select "Temp Effects" to off. This is another stupid idea from Microsoft.

wee eddie 22:39 18 Mar 2020

alanrwood: You were spot on, with one exception. The switch is for Transparency Effects, not Temp Effects.

Thank you. The last solution offered to that particular problem, involved a Registry Hack

alanrwood 11:11 19 Mar 2020

Sorry for my mistake. Going senile nowadays.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Save a staggering 82% when you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro now

Akira art show continues in absence of virus-hit Olympics

Annoying bug makes Mail gatecrash your Mac screen

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans