SSL ERROR RX RECORD TOO LONG

conrail 17:19 16 Jan 2018

running windows 10 home, firefox ver 57.0.4 (64-bit) everything fine this morning, now I cannot connect to facebook, Error code: SSLERRORRXRECORDTOO_LONG, no problem other web sites, went onto firefox forum but no reply's, all other websites appear to be ok, no other changes to system, ie add/remove programs, all help and advise appreciated

click here

conrail 10:00 18 Jan 2018

hi guys, think I have sorted it, tried other browsers with same result then I noticed that sophos, my anti virus software flagged up, very quickly, a 'small' box, bottom right of screen saying sophos has blocked part of this site, uninstalled sophos and everything appears fine

Govan1x 10:53 18 Jan 2018

All you probably had to do would be to have switched off SSL on Sophos.

I had that sort of problem for a while my computer worked ok in safe mode but not in normal mode.

It was my Security program Eset that was the problem. Contacted eset and was told to switch SSL off.

I also had problems with updating my Emsisoft it just would not update. Contacted them and was told the same thing. To switch SSL off. It updated fine with that off.

I was ignorant of the SSL problems and probably most others are as well, so just added this in case others are having the same sort of problems.

conrail 17:52 18 Jan 2018

thanks Govan1x, wish I had known that, I have since uninstalled sophos and replaced it with total antivirus, see how that works

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?