SSD wont boot because there is no space left

Marjetica 17:17 25 Aug 2019

I Just came back from vacation and my PC wont start up. It Just sends me to bios. I noticed my SSD was completley full, maybe because when i left Windows did an update despite my SSD was almost full. When i go to bios and to Asus ez flash 2 utility it detects my normal disk (where i have my stuff) and SSD ( where i have my Windows). It says that all the files are on there,so i Guess that my SSD works fine. Does any 1 know how to fix this withaut doing a full reinstal since i also have some important files on my SSD. Ty.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 25 Aug 2019

what error message comes up?

put the ssd in a caddy or connect directly to another PC and remove some of the files (not windows files) to make space.

Then see if it will boot

Marjetica 17:27 25 Aug 2019

No error it just sends me directly to bios. Y i intend to do that, its just i curently dont have any other PC with ne.

Marjetica 17:56 25 Aug 2019

On a second inspection i noticed that my SSD is probably not being detected. When i boot,just before it forces me inside of bios,it says Adapter:1 disk Information:AHCI mode
and below this port 0: SATA: WDC (some numbers) 640 GB 3gb/s Port 1: SATA:sandisk milpitas SSD 0 MB 3 GB/s what does this mean?

wee eddie 18:03 25 Aug 2019

I would be tempted to take a short cut.

Remove the SSD > Connect it to another PC > Transfer a load of files to another Hard Drive > Stick it back and see what happens

WhirlingRound 14:52 26 Aug 2019

Marjetica, next time you have access to another pc, follow wee eddie's advice. For next this happens, while you're at it, download and burn a live Linux desktop ISO image.

You can boot off that to rescue any files if your system becomes otherwise unable to boot.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Create live VFX

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Comparatif : Apple Watch Series 5 vs Series 4