SSD storage full but no idea why

Jack Bridge 17:45 19 Jul 2018

Hi, I have an ASUS GL552VW laptop which has 200GB SSD and 1TB hard drive, the operating system is installed on the SSD. For a while my laptop has had periods of running extremely slowly, which is mainly due to high memory usage even though I have very few programmes running. Also, my SSD is apparently full, with 76.8GB being taken by "Apps & Games". However, when I look at the list of apps by size, they don't add up anywhere near to 76.8GB, they add up to around 5GB. So theres about 70GB of SSD storage that is full of something that I can't find.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:53 19 Jul 2018
  1. Right-click the “Start” button, then select “Control Panel“.
  2. Go to “Appearance and Personalization“, then select “File Explorer Options“.
  3. Click the “View” tab.
  4. Scroll down a bit and change the “Hidden files and folders” setting to “Show hidden files, folders, and drives“.

Now see what appears?

geoff96 18:13 19 Jul 2018

Download and run treesize.

enter link description here

john bunyan 19:32 19 Jul 2018

Use CCleaner, Tools, system restore. Delete all but latest 2 restore points.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9