SSD mSATA fail, i guess...

halocroft 17:17 10 Mar 2018

Hi, I have a huge problem with my SSD, atleast i think so. So im using as my boot device Kingston mSATA 120GB SSD. And recently it started to fail at boot. I see SandForce in the name section in BIOS instead of KingstonSSD. And i have to restart my PC like 3-15 times to normal boot. That wouldnt bother me alot , but i guess my SSD fails when its booted. if i launch a game (even if it is not on SDD), my PC shuts itself. My laptop is clean from inside, not so long ago ive changed thermal compound. I really don't know what is happening. Should i buy new SSD? Or maybe someone could recommend some software to check if my SSD is working properly? BTW, i'm using Lenovo y580

rdave13 17:30 10 Mar 2018

Major geeks offer Crystal Disk Info portable version. click here.

rdave13 17:37 10 Mar 2018

P.S. check or re-seat the m-Sata drive card.

halocroft 17:47 10 Mar 2018

On crystal disk info i get that my SSD is 98% good. And i sometimes remove and place ssd back in, just to get my windows booted. Actually i'm out of options now :/

rdave13 18:15 10 Mar 2018

The M-2 socket might be bad on the motherboard especially as the m-sata has been inserted and removed a few times or the card's connections are bad and need a clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs