SSD cloning problems, confused, help please.

rickf 13:01 16 Mar 2019

I decided to clone my HHD with wins10 to a SSD for faster operation. Using 256gb SSD cloning it with Acronis True Image, installed in PC and everything worked flawlessly with much improved speed. I then decided I wanted a bigger SSD a 1 tb, a different brand from the first, and cloned ssd to ssd again using Acronis and followed same procedure. However, on completion and swapping the SSds, ie the 1tb as Drive C, the system slowed down. I also lost my audio output. In Device manager, the high definition tabs have exclamation marks next to it. Worse the i7 cpu 4770 has exclamation marks on all 8 cores. Not being able to get it to work properly, I formatted the SSD and cloned again using the same procedure. Same result with faults. On swapping the 256g SSD back on to the C drive, everything worked flawlessly. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it.

rickf 23:15 16 Mar 2019

Anyone??

Menzie 01:27 17 Mar 2019

How exactly are you trying to clone the drive with Acronis? Are you doing a Live Clone while in Windows 10 itself or via a bootable rescue disc?

rickf 08:04 17 Mar 2019

Bootable disc. As said the first one went perfectly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:30 17 Mar 2019

I much prefer imaging especially when going to a larger drive.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?