Spyware Threat found.

Meshuga 08:43 23 Apr 2005

Giant antispyware has detected a threat on my PC. It is shown as NS Key Logger Personal Monitor (Key Logger). It reccomended Quarantine which I have done. Are there any other precautions I shouuld take regarding this please?

timeteam2004 08:49 23 Apr 2005

click here Seems to be a safe item installed to track user input. Probably used by companies to record workers activity.

rawprawn 08:56 23 Apr 2005

click here We are all getting it, It's within Spywarebalster

VoG II 09:09 23 Apr 2005

And click here

I've quarantined it - no ill effects.

Meshuga 09:10 23 Apr 2005

Many thanks timeteam2004 and rawprawn for your help.

rawprawn 09:13 23 Apr 2005

Re: NS Keylogger in Spywareblaster?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a false-positive from Microsoft Anti-Spyware - that's just the SpywareBlaster uninstall file.
If you used Microsoft/Giant Anti-Spyware to remove the uninstaller, you should probably reinstall SpywareBlaster over-the-top to replace the file.

This is also another good example of why you should examine every detection anti-spyware products make, and if something doesn't look right - take it with a grain of salt. This certainly isn't the first time an anti-spyware product has made a false-detection, and I doubt it'll be the last.

I'm just rather disappointed that this didn't get caught in whatever "quality-control" the MS AS definitions go through.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Meshuga 09:32 23 Apr 2005

Many thanks to you too VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?