Spyware Doctor

Tinker Bell 11:55 13 Jul 2008

I've downloaded spyware doctordone a scan which has found 5 threats & 30 infections, when I click on "fix checked" it's asking me to subscribe, how do I delete the threats and infections?

awest3 12:39 13 Jul 2008

I found the same thing...I uninstalled it and used 'Superantispy' instead. (its free).
Al

Belatucadrus 12:43 13 Jul 2008

Spyware Doctor isn't a freebie, so either pay up to unlock it or use an alternative like Spyware Terminator click here which is FOC.

awest3 12:50 13 Jul 2008

Sorry that should have read 'superantispyware'
Al

ronalddonald 14:01 13 Jul 2008

version did you downlaod and from where.

This is the free version form google people.

click here

Tinker Bell 14:11 13 Jul 2008

ronald, I downloaded from this site under downloads, it says free, which is why I downloaded it, however, I must have gone wrong somewhere to have ended up with the paid version.

I've now downloaded & installed Spyware Terminator.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Tinker Bell 14:13 13 Jul 2008

Sorry, I forgot to say, I try not to use Google, my browser became highjacked using Google once, it was a nightmare trying to get rid of the dam trojan, ever since, I've used Yahoo instead.

ronalddonald 14:26 13 Jul 2008

this is the only free version if you try to download directly by the makers of the software it will run a scan but then to remove the prolems you have to pay.

Whereas the free version it sorts the problems out, you can if you look carefully not to have google as the homepage this is at the bottom the google downloader box.

You could also go for superantispyware from
click here

also try winaso this very good program it will clean the registry you cna clean 10 itmes at a time but you could clean once a day or try to do a full clean by running it constay. also has very good optimiser

Tinker Bell 00:17 14 Jul 2008

Thanks ronaddonald

I just got back home and checking my postings, I'll look into your comments tomorrow.

Cheers mate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?