Spyware Blaster - worth reinstalling?

Joe G 22:01 23 Jan 2018
Answered

I had SB installed on my previous SSD on my PC and still have it on my laptop. Is it worth reinstalling on the new SSD I have just installed on the PC and keeping on the laptop.

I run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware (both free versions) regularly and have Windows Defender on both PC and laptop. Both are Win 10

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:48 23 Jan 2018
Answer

Yes SpywareBlaster is a Blocker and stops you going or being redirected to many bad sites

Joe G 22:54 23 Jan 2018

Thanks I'll reinstall it on the PC then. Thought it might be redundant by now but good to see it is still worth having

The Kestrel 13:48 24 Jan 2018

You must remember to update it regularly if using the free version as the automatic update is only available in the paid for version.

Joe G 14:23 24 Jan 2018

Thanks - yes I check at least once a week - just about to reinstall on my PC now!

Joe G 14:28 24 Jan 2018

I haven't tended to use the snapshot option previously - just run it. Is this something worth keeping up with?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:45 24 Jan 2018

I've never used it myself as I use Macrium Reflect to image my system drive completely if there are any problems.

Joe G 15:57 24 Jan 2018

Thanks - yes I thought a full backup would be more appropriate

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)